- Rock ‘n’ Joe is a Rock & Roll Coffee Bar. It’s a cool place for people who love exceptional coffee,
premium food, and quality rock n’ roll music in a trendy and relaxing environment. Rock ‘n’ Joe Coffee Bar is all about creative excellence. Taste the award-winning and proprietary coffee masterfully blended by Dillanos’…one of North America’s premier coffee roasters. Enjoy
our chef-select menu consisting of superior sandwiches and salads while listening to the best
rock and roll. From the ambience to the service… every note in the Rock ‘n’ Joe experience in perfect harmony of upscale and inviting.
For entrepreneurs with a passion for great proprietary coffee blends, food, specialty drinks, and rock n’ roll music…Rock ‘n’ Joe Coffee Bar is more than the hippest hangout in town; it’s an opportunity for a whole new lifestyle.
You can tap into the coffee culture by opening a Rock ‘n’ Joe Coffee Bar. Retail coffee is over $10 Billion a year business that continues to see steady growth. Consumers will splurge on small luxuries, like coffee, and are becoming more educated on the beans, the roast, and difference between a good cup of coffee or not so good cup of coffee.
- You will receive both in-store and classroom training for all aspects of our business including
coffee and food preparation, sales and marketing techniques, as well as administrative and
office matters. We will also provide support prior to, during, and after you open your own
In order to be successful as a franchise owner, you must be prepared to:
• Follow a proven system.
• Accept advice from others.
• Work long hours.
• Work without supervision or support staff.
• Lead and manage a team.
• Ask for help.
• Take a financial risk.
• Work hard.
The ideal franchise owner knows that starting and building a successful business is not easy,
but that the rewards outweigh the sacrifice and risk with the right opportunity.
- You may be financially ready to take on this opportunity if you have a net worth of at least
$250,000 with $100,000 in liquid assets. You need to be able to cover your personal expenses for
at least 6 months without relying on returns from your new franchise. You should also have a 680
credit score or higher and the ability to secure financing.
The investment to open a Rock ‘n’ Joe Store ranges from $228,500 to $415,000. This amount
varies greatly based on the square footage of the location you lease. You can also reduce your
initial out-of-pocket expense by purchasing the equipment used or through leasing…an option
that Rock ‘n’ Joe assists you in securing and providing the lowest out-of-pocket expense.
Leasehold Improvements will vary based on the number of seats, bathroom and ADA
requirements, HVAC, electrical and plumbing requirements and to what degree we can use the
existing walls and the current build-out to accommodate our design. Rest assured there will be
experts assessing each location to exploit any efficiency we can gain.
There is a 6% franchising royalty.
The current Marketing Fee is 2%.
TYPE OF EXPENDITURE AMOUNT
Franchise Fee $30,000
Leasehold Improvements $75,000 - $200,000
Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment $80,000 - $106,000
Opening Inventory $7,000 - $12,000
Signage $2,000 - $8,000
Grand Opening Advertising $2,000 - $5,000
Training $1,000 - $5,000
Miscellaneous Opening Costs $11,500 - $19,000
Additional Funds (3 months) $20,000 - $30,000
TOTAL $228,500 - $415,000
The amount of Additional Funds vary based on your industry-specific experience, management
skills, business acumen, local economic and competitive conditions and how quickly break-even
is achieved. This money is your reserved fund that is used while you are operating the store.
The criteria we use when deciding whether or not to finance a new store is similar to what a
bank uses. We want to do everything possible to ensure the success of our partners, and part
of that means making sure you are in the right position financially to get started.
In order to qualify for a Rock ‘n’ Joe Franchise, you will need:
• $250,000 Networth
• Minimum $100,000 Liquidity - Cash, Stocks, Bonds, Insurance, Equity Credit Lines etc.
• 1 yr. Food Management Experience or Operating Partner with the experience
• A good FICO Score and credit history
• A great attitude with passion
Additional Items you may want to consider:
1. The most common source of start-up capital is friends and family.
2. Seek out lenders that understand franchising.
3. Be totally honest and upfront with lenders. Hide nothing. Be prepared to explain everything.
4. Don’t exhaust your liquidity by paying off outstanding debts before filing a loan application. Lenders want you to have capital available.
5. If you lack liquidity, find a partner with money.
6. Consider equipment leasing to conserve start-up capital and improve the appearance of your balance sheet.
7. Consider buying used equipment, furniture, vehicles, etc.
8. Don’t overlook angel investors and venture capitalists.
9. Don’t give up.
- For the right person, a Rock ‘n’ Joe franchise can be both a profitable business and a rewarding lifestyle. This could be the right opportunity for you if, much like our founder, you are a coffee
and music lover with an energetic and outgoing personality.
You should also have a passion for retail sales, customer service, and building relationships. A commitment to excellence, integrity, and honesty are a must, as is a track record of maturity, sound judgment, and stability. Previous experience in management, retail sales, or food service is a plus but is not required.
- Single and multi unit development is available.
Franchised Rock ‘n’ Joe stores are usually between 1,800 and 2,200 square feet.
Franchisees secure their inventory and equipment through approved third party distributors.
Rock ‘n’ Joe works to select the assortment of products and equipment necessary to produce
our signature products. We negotiate on behalf of the franchise community to secure
competitive pricing. This helps insure that the consumer experience is the same regardless
of the geographical location of our units and allows our franchisees to focus on delivering
great service and fresh products.
- The Rock ‘n’ Joe 25-Year Story
In the early 90s, specialty coffees and specialty sandwiches were just beginning to become popular in the United States. Rock ‘n’ Joe Coffee had a great idea to capitalize on both those trends with a bistro that would specialize not only in the finest coffees, but also legendary sandwiches and truly delicious pastries. But the brand’s ingenuity didn’t stop there. Rock ‘n’ Joe’s founder had long been a fan of rock and roll music, and he’d been an avid collector of rock memorabilia. He was determined to combine his passion for rock music with his bistro business idea.
In 1993, the dream became a reality when the first Rock ‘n’ Joe coffeehouse opened in a
New Jersey suburb. Rock ‘n’ Joe was an instant hit. Customers flocked to the cozy lounge and
investors clamored for a chance to own their own franchises. While adding a handful of locations
in New Jersey, the brand perfected the food and drink recipes, developed efficient and friendly
staff practices, and streamlined all of the business systems.
In 2013, Rock ‘n’ Joe was acquired by Ablak Holdings. The Ablak Holdings team has over 30 years
of experience in managing and franchising food businesses. The idea of a rock and roll coffee
house lives on and, through partnership with ambitious new franchise owners, is ready to hit the
national and international stage.
- Financing Information: SBA, Conventional, Cash
- This business is a franchise
- This business can be relocated