- This Company has a customer base of both contract clients and one-off customers. Contract customers account for 50% of the company’s revenue. The contract clients use the staff of the company for regularly scheduled services to plants, plantings, and container maintenance as well as decorating tips, changes to décor, seasonal decorating, and special events preparations.
The need for the services provided by this company are certain. Virtually every office building and commercial facility either has plants that need tending to or needs plant to enhance the space. Obviously there is a cost/benefit relation that needs to be evaluated, but there are many studies that show the value of a living décor goes a lot further than just the aesthetics of a space and well worth the reasonable price to maintain.
‘Dr Chris Knight from Exeter University and his fellow psychologists, who have been studying the issue for 10 years, concluded that employees were 15% more productive when "lean" workplaces are filled with just a few houseplants, as employees who actively engage with their surroundings are better workers.’
Major customers for the company include a popular area hotel, a well-known private school and a busy new car showroom. They handle the plant maintenance and are invited to design and install plants and plantings for virtually all special events that are scheduled in the buildings. Additionally they are well positioned to respond to the larger private parties of influential business persons. Some of the market sectors seen as having great potential for sales increase include:
• Small professional offices and waiting rooms
• Corporate lobbies, conference rooms, and office spaces
• Assisted living communities and long-term care facilities
• Private home staging
They provide consultations, designs and specification of plants and planters, along with installation, all at reasonable prices. All plants are chosen based on light levels, available space, temperature, humidity levels, and traffic flow. Using tropical foliage and flowering plant materials as a solution for the clients living and work spaces, all arranged for the best design solution within the indoor environment is what is meant by ‘interior landscape’.
- The financial performance has been consistently good. Sales and profitability are very steady and close to half the revenue comes from regularly scheduled service activities.
The company needs to build on its successes by adding administrative support staff, implementing a marketing plan, and engaging in a process to successfully recruit and train technicians. This will advance sales to the next level and create an infrastructure that will substantially affect growth as well as the bottom line.
The ideal candidate is an existing business that is directly or indirectly involved in the commercial services business and is looking to expand both revenue and account base. Also an individual entrepreneur that has good business acumens combined with a personal talent to operate an interior design driven company. This business is in need of an owner that has the skills to build relationships throughout the business community while having the resources to hire staff for the daily tasks in an operation with such potential.
- This company designs and maintains interior landscape settings, including the indoor plant and flower décor, for large commercial facilities such as hotels, private businesses and government buildings. Additionally, it provides living plant arrangements for private parties, corporate events, exhibits, and functions such as weddings and conventions. Also provided are seasonal decorating services.
This business has been operating for over 15 years and has established a loyal clientele that helps provide desirable business attributes such as, recurring monthly income, high profile clients, variable products and services, positive cash flow, low capital operating requirements, and a history and reputation to build upon.
The company organizes and installs interior office plant arrangements of virtually any size using the highest quality interior living plants and materials. The team of professional installers handle every element of the indoor plant installation. The staff of 4 experienced technicians, using 3 company vehicles, maintains the health and lush appearance of the interior plants for their clients. The plants are watered, fertilized, cleaned and trimmed on a set schedule by those professionally trained and uniformed technicians.
This Interior Landscape Design business presents a great opportunity to an established “service” business in either the commercial or residential marketplace. This business will appeal to landscape design companies and flower shops that are looking to expand into a new sector of the market as indoor plant care is a unique and growing marketplace. The business also compliments other service businesses like property management, concierge, house sitting, catering, convention services, home builders, interior designers, and others. The fact that this service is often used as a sub-contractor for those industry niches makes it a natural acquisition for growth.
- Training Information: 8 weeks
- This business is not a franchise
- This business can be relocated